Monday, 7 November 2011

Speed Petting!

Yes, I know it sounds really rude, but it really, really isn't! Last week I went to the Creature Company pet shop, in Wimbledon, to experience "speed petting". It was the same shop where I bought my two ratties, Cusca and Castanha, so I knew what I was getting myself in for! The idea is that you go in on a determined day and "try out" and play with different pets... and I mean DIFFERENT pets :D Every few minutes, Sebastian- the owner- brought a few different animals for us to see, from the smallest to the biggest. Here are some examples:

Mammals

Winter whites (they change colour if they get really cold!)
Gerbils

Hamsters
- the one we met was NOT in a good mood (and so was respectfully left in the box), never seen such a scary little thing!
Guinea Pig
- so cool!
Mice- small and quick, as you'd expect, but seriously endearing, which you wouldn't.
Rats!- Possibly my favourite animal of all time!
Chinchilla- which I'd never interacted with before, and quickly fell in love with. Probably my next pet.
Degus-
weird little things... it bit my husband, but melted in the arms of my friend, who just wanted to take it home.
Rabbit- hairy, hairy things
Ferrets!
- they jump, they run, they play, they kill things! and they smell. quite a lot.

Myself, Sebastian and the crazy ass ferret.


and finally....
A HEDGEHOG! who knew they could be such cute pets! and soft! well... sometimes.




Reptiles


Bearded dragon, a baby one, which will happily look at you and pose for the camera.

'Allo!

Corn snake
, yellow. I had never handled a snake before... I know it's kinda small and that makes me look like a wimp, but it was a big thing for me.

Justin, from The Suburban Poacher, feeling quite relaxed.



I probably forgot some of them, but the point is that it was brilliant fun and it made me consider having pets that I wouldn't have before... (what would be cooler than opening the door to the postman while using a live snake for a hat?) My favourite was probably the Chinchilla (the rats don't count, I'm too biast towards them..)

Which one has your vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment