Thursday, 7 May 2009

My first shot at children's illustration! Some nursery rhymes from around the world :)



I had a little nut tree

 I had a little nut tree,
Nothing would it bear
But a silver nutmeg,
And a golden pear;
The King of Spain's daughter
Came to visit me,
And all for the sake
Of my little nut tree.

Her dress was made of crimson,
Jet black was her hair,
She asked me for my nut tree
And my golden pear.
I said, "So fair a princess
Never did I see,
I'll give you all the fruit
From my little nut tree.


(British nursery rhyme)





Hush you Mice!

Hush you mice! a cat is near us,
He can see us, he can hear us...
--What if he is on a diet?--
Even then you should be quiet!


(Russian nursery rhyme)





The Rabbit in the Moon

In a small, white boat
In the blue sky
Are a cinnamon tree and a rabbit.
Without sail and without oar,
Yet gliding,
Gliding smoothly to a western shore.

Sailing across the Milky Way
To the land of clouds.
Where does it journey
Beyond the land of clouds?

(Korean nursery rhyme)







Sugar in the coffee-o


Sheep's in the meadow a-mowing the hay.
The honey's in the bee-hive, so they all say.
My head's up and I'm bound to go.
Who'll take sugar in the coffee-o?

I'm the prettiest little gal in the county-o.
My mommy and daddy, they both say so.
I look in the glass, it don't say, "No";
So I'll take sugar in the coffee-o.


(African-America nursery rhyme)


1 comment:

  1. you finally came up to children ilustration. Good for you
    Love
    tia Nônô

    ReplyDelete